GENERIC VIAGRA-A WONDER DRUG FOR TREATING ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
A Magic Pill for Treating Impotency in Men Suffering From ED
There have been many written as well as said facts about the wonder drug Viagra in treating male erectile dysfunction. Its benefits versus risk ratio has been tested from time to time by many medical studies. The statistics based upon those studies, prove its true nature. Media has reported many of its adverse reactions on patients taking Viagra, however, as long as the statistics prove its worth, this drug will continue to serve to its true value. Have a look at some of the facts related to its functioning to know more about its mode of action and its often highlighted-side effect profile.
According to various surveys conducted by the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NAMCS) approximately 15 to 30 million men suffer from erectile dysfunction. In 1985, every seventh male in a population of 1000 males, reported erectile dysfunction. This number has increased to 22.3 or even more these days! Studies have proved an improvement rate of 80% in attaining sustained erection after taking 100 mg of Viagra. The ease of taking this pill makes it more popular as compared to the use of devices or injectable formulations to treat impotence.
What exactly is Generic Viagra?
Generic Viagra is a generic equivalent of drug Viagra that is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability of men to attain a sustained erection while engaging in sexual activities. It is not related to sexual desire dysfunctions or problems related to ejaculation, as most of the patients have no other problems than achieving and maintaining a successful erection. This difficulty is most commonly seen in males older than 40 years of age. Generic Viagra helps in sustaining a successful erection in a natural way due to its unique mode of action. It acts on the natural chemicals in the body to exert its effects, which is why it is a much safer medication to use as compared to other methods (mechanical as well as chemical) that were formulated to improve erectile dysfunctioning. It acts by increasing the blood flow to penis to sustain prolonged erection. Although it is not a cure for impotence, it has helped millions of patients to overcome sexual dissatisfaction due to their erectile dysfunction without a harmful side-effect profile. For the same reason, it has gained much confidence among men suffering from ED.
Genericsmed (.com) is a US based firm dealing with the large-scale distribution of Generic Viagra. The main salt in the formulation is a chemical substance known as Sildenafil citrate. It was earlier discovered for treatment of certain heart related ailments, when later on its effects in treating ED were noted down. In March of 1998, FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved this wonder drug for prescription sale in market. Since then, it has been used widely to treat male impotence all over the world.
Is Viagra suitable for every man suffering from impotence?
Viagra acts by increasing blood flow to the penis through its actions on certain chemicals that are present in majority of the blood vessels. Due to this, its effects can become generalized. Therefore, various healthcare professionals advice its use only after a physician’s prescription. FDA has released some guidelines for men taking Viagra. These are:
1. Patients taking nitrate-containing formulations such as nitroglycerine should avoid taking Viagra as this can result in severe fall in blood pressure due to their similar effects in lowering blood pressure.
2. It should be prescribed to men only, and women or children should not use it.
3. A complete physical examination should be performed along with a complete medical history to determine the cause of ED.
4. Men suffering from sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, leukemia or having any abnormally shaped penis should avoid taking Viagra due to the risks associated with sustained erection.
5. Patients should always tell their physicians about all the medications that they take in order to avoid harmful drug interactions while using Viagra.
6. Its use in combination with other methods of treating ED is not recommended due to lack of studies indicating their combined effectiveness.
7. Viagra is not recommended for patients suffering from glaucoma or any of the heart problems (chest pains, heart failure) over last 6 months. Therefore, it is always advisable to give your physician a complete medical history before taking Viagra.
8. Viagra can cause Priapism, an emergent condition Patients should immediately contact their physicians if this happens and erection lasts for 4 hours or more.
Therefore, weighing its benefits against its risks, Generic Viagra proves its worth in being called a wonder drug. Men who suffer from erectile dysfunction should always consult their physicians to have a thorough work-up of their condition before taking Viagra. It is advisable that it should never be abused because of its effectiveness in any case.
Samir is the author of
information located at
25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg