What are the types of proven hair loss treatments currently available?
This article shows the best way to stop hair loss Minoxidil The drug is thought to enlarge hair follicles and stir up resting follicles to get them to start growing. Perhaps it also eggs on follicles that are growing, so they continue doing so for longer periods.
Why you chose Finasteride Over Other PillsDisadvantages follicles and stir up resting follicles to get them to start growing. Perhaps it also eggs on follicles that are growing, so they continue doing so for longer periods.
Regaine should be used with some caution in people with a history of heart problems, dizziness, chest pains, or a rapid heartbeat. Propecia It is already well known that an enzyme converts the male hormone, testosterone, into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which damages hair follicles and causes hair to stop growing in men genetically predisposed to it. Propecia lowers DHT levels by blocking the enzyme that produces it.
- Regrowth, however, occurred much less often, and mainly in younger men
- The main side effect is scalp itching
- Originally approved to treat high blood pressure
- 2 to 5 percent chance you may develop some problems that may crush your manhood, including tenderness and enlargement of the breast tissues, pain in the testes, reversible impotence, and loss of sex drive.
So it may be a more potent treatment for hair loss. Disadvantages The greatest concern, however, is the potential duration of side effects. The long half-life of dutasteride exceeds 240 hours vs. the rather short 6 to 8 hours for finasteride. There have been some cases where the DHT levels were still had only returned to 25% of their original levels nearly a YEAR after having discontinued Dutasteride.
- It may also cause abnormalities in sperm, so if someone on Propecia wants to father a child, he should stop taking the medication a few months beforehand Avodart Unlikes Propecia inhibits the 5 AR-2 enzymes only, Avodart (Glaxo Smith Kline) inhibits both 5AR-2 and 5AR-1 enzymes.