What is Finasteride?
Finasteride is a drug that is beneficial in treating hair loss and benign prostatic hyperplasia in men. Let’s look at how it is used and things to keep in mind. Finasteride’s brand names include Proscar, Propecia, and multiple others in the market. Is Finasterid a steroid? No, Finasterid class drug belongs to the 5-alpha reductase inhibitors group of medicines.
When is Finasteride prescribed?
Finasteride tablets are used for treating Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (an enlargement in the prostate gland) alone or combined with other medicines such as doxazosin. Finasteride uses also include treating BPH symptoms including recurrent and painful urination, and it may lower the risk of chronic urine retention.
The Dos and Don’ts about Finasteride
Here are some of the Dos and Don’ts to keep in mind when taking Finasteride.
- The tablets should not be crushed, broken, or chewed.
- Always keep your medicines on hand. They must never be kept in a checked bag when flying. It should be kept in hand luggage.
- Don't be concerned about airport x-ray machines. They will not cause any harm to your medicines.
- Inform your doctor or chemist if you are allergic to finasteride or about any other allergies you may have.
- Inform your doctor if you ever had or are currently suffering from liver illness or prostate cancer.
- Finasteride should never be given to children
- Finasteride must not be prescribed to women, specifically during breastfeeding or pregnant women.
- Never overdose and avoid missing dosages.
- Never take the tablet in any other form other than orally swallowing it with water.
Finasteride is not permitted for the prevention of prostate cancer. It could substantially increase the risk of acquiring a very dangerous form of prostate cancer. Discuss the benefits and dangers with your doctor. This drug should not be used in children. There is no positive evidence in using finasteride for women.
Finasteride Side Effects
Although finasteride oral tablets do not induce drowsiness, they may have some unexpected side effects.
Common Side Effects
Finasteride may have unwanted side effects on your body. Inform your doctor if any of these symptoms are acute or persistent:
- difficulty to obtain or keep an erection
- Reduced sexual urge
- Issues with ejaculation (including decreased volume of ejaculate)
- Testicular discomfort
The sexual adverse effects of finasteride may persist even after you stop using it. If you are concerned about any of these side effects, it is best to consult your doctor. Click here for more help with sexual issues. Finasteride for hair loss side effects is usually mild as the dosage is low. This is not the entire list of possible side effects and many more may appear. For any mental health-related help, you can get a free-of-cost assessment and consultation here.
Serious Side Effects
Finasteride may also have side effects that can be severe. If you suffer any of the following symptoms, contact your doctor right away: Changes in the breast including an increase in size, lumps, discomfort, or discharge from the nipples.
- Changes in the breast including an increase in size, lumps, discomfort, or discharge from the nipples.
- Lips and the face developing a swelling
- Breathing or swallowing difficulties
- Male breast cancer development
Consuming finasteride increases your chances of developing high-level prostate cancer in some cases a which is a variety of prostate cancer that spreads and develops more rapidly than other types. In some cases, dutasteride may be given as a finasteride alternative. Discuss the concerns of taking finasteride with your doctor beforehand. We provide medical assistance at the comfort of your home, through our expert medical team.
How to know your dosage?
How much Finasteride you might need depends on a combination of various factors that include:
- Your age
- The problem it is prescribed for
- The severity of your condition
- Other medical ailments you might be suffering from
- How your body reacts after the first dosage
Finasteride dose for BPH
Finasteride generic Form: Oral tablet Strength: Finasteride 5 mg Brand: Propecia
Finasteride dose for hair loss
Finasteride generic Form: oral tablet Strength: Finasteride 1 mg Brand: Propecia
Finasteride cost: Ranges between $75-$140 depending on the brand.
What If I Miss a Dose?
Do not take an extra pill if you miss your dose. Simply take your next dose as normally directed by your doctor.
What to do In Case of Emergency/Overdose?
In the occasion of an overdose, contact the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222. Information is available online at https://www.poisonhelp.org/help. If the person has fainted, had a seizure, is having difficulty breathing, or cannot be revived, contact 911 immediately.
Finasteride-When to Know it’s Working?
If you use this medication for BPH, you may experience a decreased need to urinate as well as better urine flow. You will also notice a drop in the sensation that your bladder isn't totally empty after urinating.
If you use this medication to treat male pattern baldness, you might see reduced hair loss and better hair growth on your head. Finasterid benefits for hair loss are widely endorsed by patients all around the world.
Finasteride- The Ultimate Drug for Treating Hair Loss and BPH?
In a significant number of men with male pattern hair loss, oral finasteride increases scalp hair growth and prevents additional loss of hair. Finasteride for hair growth, with its typically positive tolerability profile, is a novel management approach to this illness, for which treatment choices are limited. Finasteride for beard growth is not a proven cure yet.
The use of 5 mg of finasteride each day for treating BPH leads to a considerable reduction in blockage symptoms, an increase in urine flow, and a decrease in prostate volume, although at a slightly higher risk of sexual issues.
With the correct advice and usage of finasteride for BPH and hair loss, this drug can be very efficient in helping patients battle these ailments and yield visible results. Using Finasteride for men indeed delivers significant results. We also provide door-step delivery of Finasterid and other wide-range of medicines.